Indian breakfast options are diverse and flavorful. Here are some popular breakfast dishes in India:
- Idli and Sambar: Idli is a steamed rice and lentil cake that is served with sambar, a lentil soup with vegetables and spices.
- Masala Dosa: A crispy crepe made with fermented rice and lentil batter, stuffed with a spicy potato filling, and served with coconut chutney and sambar.
- Poha: Flattened rice flakes cooked with onions, potatoes, peanuts, and spices.
- Upma: A semolina-based dish cooked with vegetables, spices, and nuts.
- Aloo Paratha: A stuffed flatbread made with mashed potatoes, spices, and herbs, served with yogurt, pickles, and chutneys.
- Chana Masala: A spicy chickpea curry served with poori (deep-fried bread) or bhatura (deep-fried bread made with fermented dough).
- Uttapam: A thick pancake made with fermented rice and lentil batter, topped with vegetables and served with coconut chutney and sambar.
- Poori Bhaji: Deep-fried puffy bread served with a potato and vegetable curry.
- Vada Pav: A popular street food from Mumbai consisting of a deep-fried potato fritter (vada) sandwiched between a bread roll (pav) and served with chutneys.
These are just a few of the many breakfast options you can find in India. Indian breakfasts are usually filling and flavorful, perfect for starting your day on a delicious note.