If you only have one day in Jaipur, also known as the Pink City, here are some of the top things you can do:
- Visit the Amber Fort – This magnificent fort is located on a hilltop, about 11 km from the city center. You can explore the fort, see the stunning palace rooms, and enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding hills and lakes.
- Explore the City Palace – The City Palace is located in the heart of Jaipur and is a beautiful complex of palaces, gardens, and courtyards. You can wander around the palace, see the impressive architecture and learn about the rich history of the place.
- Visit the Hawa Mahal – Also known as the Palace of Winds, this iconic pink structure is located in the heart of Jaipur’s old town. It is a beautiful five-story building with intricate lattice-work windows that allowed royal women to observe the street below without being seen.
- Shop at Johari Bazaar – This is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Jaipur, and it is a great place to shop for jewelry, textiles, and souvenirs. You can also try some local street food while you are there.
- Visit Jantar Mantar – This is an astronomical observatory built in the early 18th century. It has a collection of astronomical instruments that were used to measure time and predict eclipses.
- Enjoy a traditional Rajasthani meal – There are many restaurants in Jaipur that serve traditional Rajasthani cuisine. You can try dishes like dal baati churma, gatte ki sabzi, and laal maas, which are all popular dishes in Rajasthan.
- Attend a cultural show – There are many venues in Jaipur that offer cultural shows in the evenings. You can watch traditional Rajasthani dances, puppet shows, and other performances.
Remember that Jaipur is a big city with many interesting places to explore, so it’s impossible to cover everything in one day. But these activities should give you a good taste of what Jaipur has to offer.