Pune, located in the western state of Maharashtra, India, is known for its rich cultural heritage, vibrant nightlife, and delicious food. Here are six best things to do in Pune:
- Visit the Aga Khan Palace: The Aga Khan Palace is a historic landmark in Pune and was built by Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III in 1892. It is a beautiful palace that showcases the Italian arches and has a serene garden surrounding it. The palace is also home to the samadhi of Mahatma Gandhi’s wife, Kasturba Gandhi.
- Explore Shaniwar Wada: Shaniwar Wada is an ancient palace that dates back to the 18th century. It was once the seat of the Peshwa rulers of the Maratha Empire and is now a popular tourist attraction. The palace has several beautiful gates, including the Delhi Gate, and has a lot of history associated with it.
- Enjoy street food at JM Road: JM Road is known for its delicious street food, including vada pav, chaat, and bhel. It is a perfect place to experience the local flavors of Pune.
- Take a trip to Sinhagad Fort: Sinhagad Fort is a popular weekend getaway from Pune. The fort is situated on a hill and offers panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. It is also a great place for trekking and hiking.
- Visit the Osho Ashram: The Osho Ashram is a spiritual center that attracts visitors from all over the world. It is a place to learn about meditation, yoga, and other spiritual practices. The ashram also has a beautiful garden and a library.
- Shop at Laxmi Road: Laxmi Road is a popular shopping destination in Pune. It has a variety of shops that sell everything from traditional clothing to electronics. It is a perfect place to buy souvenirs and gifts for friends and family.
In conclusion, Pune is a city that has something for everyone. Whether you are interested in history, spirituality, or food, Pune has it all. Make sure to include these must-do, must-see, and must-eat experiences in your itinerary when visiting Pune.