If you only have one day to explore Delhi, also known as the capital of India, here are some of the top things you can do:
- Visit the Red Fort – This massive red sandstone fort was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century. You can explore the palace rooms, gardens, and courtyards within the fort.
- Explore Jama Masjid – This is the largest mosque in India and is located near the Red Fort. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century and is known for its impressive architecture and beautiful courtyard.
- Visit Raj Ghat – This is a memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. It is a peaceful place with a beautiful garden and a black marble platform that marks the spot where Gandhi was cremated.
- Shop at Chandni Chowk – This bustling market is a great place to shop for handicrafts, textiles, and souvenirs. You can also try some local street food while you are there.
- Visit Humayun’s Tomb – This beautiful tomb is located in the heart of Delhi and was built in the 16th century. It is a beautiful example of Mughal architecture and is surrounded by beautiful gardens.
- Drive by India Gate – This iconic monument is a war memorial located in the heart of Delhi. It is a beautiful structure with a large arch and is a great place to take a photo.
- Visit Qutub Minar – This is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the tallest minarets in India. It was built in the 12th century and is known for its beautiful architecture.
Remember that Delhi is a big city with many interesting places to explore, so it’s impossible to cover everything in one day. But these activities should give you a good taste of what Delhi has to offer.