Jammu, located in the northernmost state of Jammu and Kashmir, is a beautiful city that is rich in culture and history. If you have two days to explore Jammu, here are some of the top things to do:
- Visit the Raghunath Temple – This beautiful temple is dedicated to Lord Rama and is one of the largest temples in North India. It is a great place to learn about Hindu culture and architecture.
- Explore the Bahu Fort – This historic fort is located on a hill overlooking the Tawi River. It was built in the 18th century and is now a popular tourist attraction. You can explore the palace rooms, gardens, and courtyards within the fort.
- Take a walk along the Tawi River – The Tawi River is a beautiful place to take a stroll and enjoy the natural beauty of Jammu. You can also enjoy a boat ride on the river.
- Visit the Vaishno Devi Temple – This famous temple is located about 60 km from Jammu and is a popular pilgrimage site for Hindus. It is dedicated to the goddess Vaishno Devi and is surrounded by beautiful mountains and forests.
- Explore the Mansar Lake – This beautiful lake is located about 60 km from Jammu and is a popular picnic spot for locals and tourists alike. You can enjoy boating, fishing, and other activities on the lake.
- Visit the Amar Mahal Palace – This beautiful palace was built in the 19th century and is now a museum that showcases the art, culture, and history of Jammu and Kashmir.
Remember that Jammu is a big city with many interesting places to explore, so it’s impossible to cover everything in just two days. But these activities should give you a good taste of what Jammu has to offer.